Community Wise offers a range of activities and opportunities:
- The Community Wise Ladies Club - this group has a wide-ranging programme and is held on Tuesdays monthly, from 2.30pm.
- The Old Town Village Market is at Community Wise on the last Saturday each month from 10am-12.30pm. Craft items, food and quality goods from local traders.
- Artists Workshop - this is an open morning for painters held every Monday beginning at 9.30am.
- Little Bears Soft Play/Imagination Station/Messy Play. Little Bears is at Community Wise on Monday and Thursday mornings from 9.30am.
- Old Town Dance - Ballet for adults and children
- Swing Jive and Lindy Hop Dance classes (Mondays 8 - 9.30 pm)
- Archway Contemporary Choir (Tuesdays 7.30 - 9 pm)
- Calligraphy Workshop (Wednesdays 9.30 - 12 noon)
- Slimming World (Wednesdays 5.30 and 7 pm)
- Eastbourne Scottish Dance (Wednesdays 7.30 - 9.30 pm)
- Old Town Quilters (on Thursday afternoons twice a month 2 - 4.30 pm)
- Computer/IT surgery drop in for free help and advice - Tuesdays 2 - 4 pm
- Gamblers Anonymous (Thursdays 7.30 - 9.30pm)
- Overeaters Anonymous (Thursdays 7.30-9.00pm)
- Little Stones Parent and Toddler, Bumps and Babes Group (Tueday mornings during term time from 9.45am)
- Live Wires Youth Club (Fridays 6.30 - 8.00 pm Yrs 4,5,6,7,8)
- Pilates (Mondays 6.15 - 7.30 pm)
- Familes for Autism Youth club Saturday mornings twice a month.
- Community Lunch - pop up restaurant 2nd Monday each month at 1pm. Booking essential - vegetarian and tasty 2 course meal £6 per person.
- English Language classes for beginners Thursdays at 10.00am
- Gather pop up cafe Fridays 11am-3pm. Simple lunch at 12.30pm
- Old Town Cubs and Scouts (Thursdays 6.30 - 9.00 pm)
- First Class Learning tuition in English and Maths for children (Mondays 4pm)
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health NHS services drop in (Monday mornings)
- Living Stones Community Church Sunday worship/family services and Sunday School (Sundays 10.30 - 12.15 pm) followed by lunch
- Mosaic Church 3.30-5.30pm Sunday afternoons
- Swoove Strength exercise class Mondays 1-2pm.
- Textile and crafting group meets 2nd Monday afternoon each month from 2pm.
- Catalyst Arts workshops and painting for all Tuesday mornings
- Co-dependents anonymous Saturday mornings 11am-1pm
- Improvisatoinal Drama group
- Relaxation for health and wellbeng Wednesday afternoons
- U3A Shakespeare group meets monthly at Community Wise
- Arthritis action meets every 2 months at Community Wise
Over 100 participants each term take part in a range of courses including:
- Appreciating Poetry
- Art and Crafts
- Social History talks
- Improvisational Drama
Contact us on 01323 722924 to find out what's happening this month. It's all happening at Community Wise!
Community Wise works in partnership with other charities and community groups who use our premises.
Catalyst Arts is a local arts organisation that stages events, exhibitions and courses from time to time. A close relationship with Community Wise has developed as the two trusts share the Christian basis and Community Wise has an ideal premises for arts events and courses. See http://www.catalyst-arts.org/ for further information.
Old Town Cubs and Scouts Group use Community Wise for their regular Thursday night meetings.
Other community groups who use the Community Wise premises from time to time:
Mediation and Family Group Conferences
Local Neighbourhood Panels and Action Groups
Also at Community Wise:
- Artist Workshop
Drawing and painting for all
Mondays 9.30 - 2.00 pm
For all abilities, with tuition
Wednesdays 10.00 - 12.00 am
- Slimming World
Wednesdays 1.30 - 3.00 and 7.00 - 8.30
- Scottish Country Dancing
Wednesdays 7.30 - 9.00 pm
- Old Town Quilters
All abilities. Feel free to turn up
Thursdays 2.00 - 4.30 pm twice monthly
- Old Town Dance
Monday, Wednesday and Friday pm